Old 11-06-2017, 01:09 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

A How-To for Medevacs and Medic Animations

The PM story so far:

11-03-2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfake
Hey,

How to make a delta drag a ranger chalk. And yeah how to smoke a blackhawk on tail?
11-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don
Is your [REDACTED] hotmail address still valid? I have a map I can send you that demonstrates a medevac.

In the MED, one of the Blackhawks has the phrase "NO Die" in its name. This is an items.def attribute that allows the BH to take damage, but only down to 1 hp. Once it takes enough damage, it starts to smoke.

Matter of fact, I just tested an idea: using a .wac command to change any BH's hp to 1, all the BHs emit smoke.

But you could insert the NoDie BH and set up a guided RPG AI to attack it. That's how NL did it in the mission "Irene."
11-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Umm, yeah emails right and can you tell me how to drag a ranger without the medivac event (if ssn dead then evacuvate) also how to make a ranger act like doing an surgery or what so ever on an dead soldier like in Irene (Ranger Chalk 1).
11-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Insert the delta medic, open his Item Attributes, then activate the Guarding checkbox.

There are .wac commands that can force AIs into specific animations, but I don't know how to to get a corpse drag set up with them. I'll mess around with the question later tonight, though.
11-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Quote:
I did isolate the correct .wac action to get the AIs to go into the drag/be dragged animations, but because of the way the .wac interacts with the animations, they do the animation for a second, stop, go back to the animation, stop, and so on.

Also, each AI does the animation on its own... You know what? I'll just send you the map I tested this on.
11-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
send me here on novahq I can't access hotmail.
*Sigh*... Right.

Attachments below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip +4 drag.zip (4.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip MdvcDm.zip (9.7 KB, 5 views)