View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 PM
JonM is offline JonM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustin
In my opinion they need to take Delta Force back to it's roots and not try to hash it with JO. Missions should be infantry based...sure there can be vehicle insertions but the idea is that you are a DF operator not a pilot or stryker commander...
This is the truth, right here. I feel novalogic has always been fun, because I don't care much for vehicles in the first place. They quickly become the central point of the game, and then the actual skill seems to fall to whomever can get a tank first.

I know there are those that will disagree with me on that, but it's just how I feel.

Secondly I've been periodically checking the site for information on some new Nova stuff. I'm very excited. The screen shots are in beta, and before any real public release of information. I feel like the Player-Character model seems to look extremely bad ass, and the rest is good enough for me in terms of graphics. I think the reason why Nova's graphics have always been--or at least felt like they have been--a step behind is because of the no limits they have on maps. Unless a map maker boxs you in, you can go as far out as possible. Granted I'm no expert on any of this, but I think the GFX in the picture look awesome.

Anyways, this game sounds very, very interesting. I don't care too much for the 200 player servers, only because I really only like small games of about 12-20 players, but other than that good job so far. I'm glad Nova is still trucking, because in FPS, they have always been at least pretty fun to me.