Thread: xFire
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by zza1pqx
X Fire is unintrusive. It does not associate itself with any files nor does it infiltrate your registry. It is safe to install and uninstall quickly and cleanly and it does not load your system with spyware.
I have heard of people that have had problems with Xfire itself not running properly but not (until now) heard of anyone having problems running theor PC with anything else just because they have X fire installed.

I like it and I use it every so often. It is a much better way of organising server favourites than All Seeing Eye and its principle feature of note is that if someone wants to chat to you (like MSN) you dont have to alt-tab or shut down your game in order to talk back. Simply tap Scroll Lock and X and you can chat to them whilst staying in the game.

I think it is a superb piece of software. Valuable if you play lots of different games with lots of different people. You can see at a galnce who is online and what they are playing and where and, if appropriate, join them in the game they are in OR the teamspeak server they are using at a touch of a button.

I recommend giving it a go. It IS safe (not intrusive BS like Quicktime), so you can load it even onto a shared computer without upsetting other users. If you dont like it, you uninstall it and the program goes away as quickly and cleanly as when you put it on.
thanks you made a very good point there it is really good to have.

i use Ventrilo/rogerwilco but not much any more.

best part i like it i can play with my brother together without trying to find out what game he is playing or have to call him up on the telephone (he move to another state). i really like to play online with him a lot. he 35 and i am 45 but we love to fight in game together and have a blast
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-06-2005 at 02:29 AM.