Thread: [BHD:TS] Fix My Map Requests
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Fix My Map Requests

This is in explanation as to why I may appear reluctant to help others in some of the recent Fix My Map requests.

I'd like assure them that this is not the case.

By request I'll have a look at someone's map but I do encourage others to fix their own maps.

Why?

So there's a better understanding of the why of the problem not just that it occurred and there's a fix, it's the old fashioned way - you get thrown in at the deep end.

Knowing how to set your mind to solving problems with minimal information and without aid in application is a challenge that reaps the most rewards in my old fashioned opinion.

Sure we all need examples of things but I believe that the more is said and done by others, the less is learned by the individual.

Knowing script doesn't really teach one how to make something like this or anything fun.

One way though is to play your own maps and it's a fair enough way to test them and it's not a conceited pastime in any way, it's crucial in fact and nothing should be taken for granted as working until you do this.

More so, playing it once isn't enough either, you'll have play it many times and do different things, you'll have to try and break it so you can prevent others breaking it in-game.

Finally, figuring something out for one thing can lead to answers and ideas for other things...

One more thing...

Figuring out something complex needs patience and confidence in yourself.

Last edited by Guest001; 08-12-2018 at 02:35 PM.