Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 12:38 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

cz_hr06_G1i_AUG.jpg:
A version of the German #1 reticle with red illumination, optimized for 1.9x magnification. Post and bars are 5 mrads thick, space between point tip and bar is about 4.8 mrads, or dude-wide at 100m, and the point is about 60°. The illuminated lines on the bars is about 4.8 mrads wide.

cz_hr06_G1i_AWP.jpg:
This is the real reason I wanted to post these screenshots. I love the illumination effect and corner radii I did on this.

This is the German #1 reticle, optimized for 11.26x magnification. The main point I wanted to maintain is the 4.8 mrad space between corners of each side of the flat part of the point on the post and the bars on either side. The bars and post are 2 mrads thick, and the point is 40°.

cz_hr06_PTR40_7x5.jpg:
I made the numbers larger. Also tweaked the cross so the center pixel isn't overbright.

cz_hr06_CR1.jpg:
Ooh, this one's a new try of an old unsuccess, and look at it! My experiments lead to an edit in the horseshoe that, if you saw the .psd/.bmp/.spr, you'd say, "No, that looks bad, why's it toothy?!" But in-game, the curve is smooth and sweet.

And I'm not sure I want to admit this in public, what with my love of chevrons on my reticles, but I keep being surprised about, not so much how the melons pop when I'm sporting a horseshoe, but by how satisfying it is when they do. It just hits different, y'know? Frame their grumpy faces with the almost-ring, click, and splat! goes the terrorist.

Hm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_G1i_AUG.jpg (116.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_G1i_AWP.jpg (39.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_PTR40_7x5.jpg (51.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_CR1.jpg (49.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 07-17-2023 at 10:02 AM.