View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urnodaisy View Post
I don't know if I'm missing small or big points concerning the capabilities of editing with UE4. According to a recent post from their page:

"Luis Filipe Prata Considering the game is based on Unreal Engine 4, the map maker that can be used is the Unreal Engine 4 Editor, and we plan to allow the community to make their own maps and add to the game, like the previous installments. "

I don't know if this qualifies in terms of capabilities with editors that you may be familiar with from the DF/JO series, but it might be exciting to that demographic that likes to customize.
The trouble with that theory could be the separate licensing of projects themselves and any other content besides the game itself.

You'll likely be signing a separate agreement with UE4 to use the editor unless the makers use a fully licensed SDK, even then I doubt you could sell the editor with the game as a package.

Another point of interest would be how to implement a Dedicated Server for LAN or NET play between users.

I'm sure it's going to be enough of a headache for the Devs to implement hosting of the main game in the first place.

I was actually invited by the Devs to participate in the project but had to decline for various reasons including my own ambitious project, so I'm fully aware of the constant challenges that present themselves.

So I wish them the best of luck and you can count me in on release day...

Last edited by Guest001; 03-05-2019 at 06:24 PM.