Thread: [DFBHD] Map skins and colors
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Badger is offline Badger

To change skin color on buildings, vehicles, trees etc: without making a mod. You have to follow these steps or it will reset back to default.

1. When you are done with map and now want to change the skin colors.
2. Take mis. file out of DFBHD folder and place it on your desk top.
3. Open it with notepad and look near the top for "terrain_color 0"
4. You can change the 0 from 1-20 I like 5. Then click on save.
5. Now move it back into DFBHD folder.
6.Open your dfbhdmed and then the mis file and don't change anything just click on "save as" and then "save and export" and that's it.
7. Open BHD and host it to see the colors

Note: If you want to try other colors you have to repeat these steps or if you edit map to make changes it will reset back to "0"

What I did was make a test map place all the building in a row, then all the vehicles in a roll also trees so I could see what each number changed. Some buildings will stay the same and vehicles will change. It's all up to your taste. Once you find your number it's easy for your next map.

Just remember after your map is complete you have to get the "mis" file out of BHD folder before you can open it with notepad and change it.

Someone asked me the other day and I referred him to here but I saw I didn't post how I did it. I just sent it to ChadB sorry my mistake. Mods are better but not easy this way is fast and works.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Badger; 06-17-2018 at 03:20 PM.