Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 08:10 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Instead of semi having 11x mag., I did a bit of math, a bit of testing, a bit of redrawing, and what I got is 6x mag. for semi, lending a little more focus, but being much more believable, visually.

Edit: Similar treatment of my G36 sights, but instead of 4x and 6x mag., it's 3x and 5x. I like how it turned out.

However, though the gods have made it undeniably clear how contemptuous they are of perfect works produced by mortal hands, and how joyful to them the wrath they will rain down upon the mortal that dares to threaten their supremecy shall fall is, I had a dilemma of flaws to choose from.

The inner edge of the ring is not only supposed to have a diameter equal to 1.75m at 400m, the lower point of the inner edge should also be the 400m aimpoint. I did not want to play around with ammo velocities and drag coefficients today, so I had to decide against making the ring's inner diameter target-sized at 400m, and made the lower inner edge of the ring the 400m aimpoint.

The outer diameter of the ring is kinda dude-at-400m sized, though, and the lower point of the outer diameter is pretty much the 500m aimpoint, but that's coincidence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_RCO_4x.jpg (343.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RCO_6x.jpg (336.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36Vauto_3x.jpg (449.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36Vsemi_5x.jpg (394.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 03-02-2023 at 07:41 PM.