View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

For the story and what it's all about, i would completely re-vision the campaign. I love BHD but i felt like the campaign never captured the realism and intensity that it could have.

First, ive never been in a gun fight so i know that its not accurate for me to personally decide what it is like, but i still feel like it could have gotten closer to the intensity that was felt in the movie. In the campaign missions you never felt like the player was in any real danger. On most maps you could play carelessly and the retarded AI would maybe get a hit on you or two. Second, i understand that the single player gameplay of the delta force series has always been sort of arcade-style run and gun, but i dont feel like that was appropriate for this game given the situation it was portraying. It shouldnt have been a flashy holywood shooter.

As for online gameplay. I agree it should be infantry only. but im kind of torn between keeping gunplay as original DF style and modernizing it, giving each gun specific characteristics like recoil and such. It makes it more interesting when each gun can be better suited for different situations.

I don't know, a part of me has always felt like BHD never should have been a part of the DF series. It should have been a standalone game without adopting so much of the hollywood shooter style gameplay of the DF series.