Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 11:40 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Screenshot cz_hr06_TA648.jpg:
What I love about this one is that the dimensions in the .pdf I found on the Trijicon site were all in mrads, so all I had to do was multiply the numbers by 4.8, round them off where necessary, and drop the pixels. I added the 1 mrad crosses every 5 mrads to match the photo on Wikipedia, and removed the 10m Z 'cause it was no help. What I don't like about this one is that the BDC chart is perfectly vertical, and apparently, it should slope down to the right a few degrees, and I could do that, but at this resolution and draw method, I cannot do it well.

This means the TA648 I made for the SFOD mod is also inauthentic. Since that slope to the right is probably to compensate for what I have to assume is an off-center mounted scope on the M240B, which is not a thing I believe that can be done in any game that I play and modify, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, but I'm annoyed that I missed that detail in the first place.

Another detail I didn't know without the .pdf is that the top edge of the center dot is the 100m zero on this reticle, not the center of the dot.

The ladder and framing columns you see are 40 HLMUs wide, and I'm 800 HLMUs away from it, which my math and the horizon says is 50 mrads wide, viewed from that point.

Screenshot cz_hr06_Specter.jpg:
I literally just traced an image of the Elcan Specter reticle resized to fit the 256px² limit. It coincidentally ended up slightly under-scaled for the magnification. I think. Info I've found says the thick parts of the horizon should be 11.03 mrads apart, and in my sprite, they're more like 10, so...

Neither reticle is for a sniper rifle, anyway, so it's all big goofy fun, for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_TA648.jpg (72.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_Specter.jpg (49.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Scott; 07-07-2023 at 02:52 PM.