View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 03:29 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Quote:
Originally posted by Xx_jet_xX
and why is a member of the DFAF development team playing in DFX maps talking to players to find out what they like and dislike?
...Who I've happened to talk to myself, and he is a great guy. He's had two beta threads on the NovaWorld forums so far consisting of over 50 replies. He's seen every one of them and has listened to every one of us. Every time his test server gets rebooted there's always something different.

Let's see his latest post:

Quote:
Yeah - I was bummed you can't get in and out of the windows in the back building. You can angle grenades into it and clear it, but I wish there was another way in.

Most of the suggestions posted have been added to the FB version. The tunnels could probably use a second exit in the zone area - too easy to claymore the one right now. They're a good way to get into the zone if you could actually see the claymores

The Base AI aren't really in to prevent base raping - just make it harder, and give people a heads up that someone is attacking. I did up the number on each side from 2 to 4, since their awareness isn't great.

The helo is just in for fun - it won't really affect gameplay one way or another - I did add 360 50 cals at both bases - so it's easy to take out if it's base raping : )

Flattened the grass at the flagbays to reduce clays and satchels. Added a bit more cover from the flag pickup to the bays. Adjusted the vehicle / spawn distance for RED.

I'm thinking about taking out the buggies, since it's really a bike map. If you really like the buggies in this map - speak now!

Not much I can do about the Flag respawning in the ground after a few captures, or the people proning in crate debris - will keep my eye on it...

Thanks to everyone for jumping in and checking it out. Appreciate the feedback!
Just because Nova don't reply to you or say anything doesn't mean they aren't listening. Sometimes yeah they might not listen, but sometimes they do...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black