View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Oh, man, I've seen this error message before, I cannot remember the circumstances.

Yeah! I was playing the TS mission "Kharq Island Oil Terminal" using the TIO Coop mod, or more honestly, my edited version of the TIO Coop mod. Something about the mod in that particular map was overloading something in the game, I think maybe the particle effects in the TIO mod are too strong, maybe, I never really got to the bottom of the problem.

But basically, when the iranian patrol boat came around the bow of the tanker to the south, my frame rate dropped to barely above frozen and all of the "Ex cannot find" dialogue errors popped up. Or was it "Ex cannot play"?

I guess, if you're using a mod, try the mission without that mod, or otherwise, in the MED, select half the tree items (I bet you used a ton of them), put them on team yellow, then assign them to a layer in the MED to make them easy to hide and unhide, then save and export the .bms and test it.

I use team yellow or violet to take items out of a mission without deleting them. Makes it easier to put them back in if you want to later. The game does not load or show items on team yellow or violet. Might not even export them into the .bms, my testing is not terribly comprehensive.

So, my hypothesis is that the mission is overloading the game. Reduce the number of items, reduce the number of particle effects, or possibly a closer fog distance might help.

Wait, you didn't mention lag. This may be a different problem, then. I don't really have enough experience with the dialogue editor to say much else, though.