View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
@Stompem, can't you simply install BHD, then make another copy of the BHD folder and rename it to something like "BHD - Clean" and use that as your vanilla install? Then, when you install TS and all your mods, they'll default to the original BHD directory and your clean one is left untouched.

@Baldo, would you care to provide a bit of info or an explanation on the flare-throwing zombies? They're currently the only thing still haunting my experience.
The important stuff on Flamers:

"DL infected flamer"
hp 333 <- See below.
armor 35 35
ammo_closeattack AMMO_flame_AI
ammo_easyrocket AMMO_flame_AI
ammo_advancedrocket AMMO_flame_AI
ammo_marker3 AMMO_flame_AI
fire_timer 9
max_attack_dist 22
min_engagement_dist 9
max_engagement_dist 99

ammo AMMO_Flame_AI
max_age 1.5
velocity 30 <- That's hand grenade speed.
flag NoGravity <- All AI ammos in mods I work on have no gravity.
secondary_anim 2 <- This makes targets act flash-bangy.
impact_damage 1
kz_damage 4
kz_minradius .1
kz_maxradius .1
impact_AI_damage 1
kz_AI_damage 8 <- AHAH! I believe this should also be 4. My bad.

NSODL mod AI hp values:
Minimal hp for AIs = 100
RAGE AI = 100
Fast zombie = 111
Flamer = 333
Slow and Crawler zombie = 666 hp
Hunter = 999
Infected teammates = 1111
Abomination = 6666

So, Flamers take a lot of damage, and having 35 35 armor means they're immune to other AIs (that are not on emplaced weapons), and are only stunned, not damaged, by the player's flamethrower.

Look at those hp values and know that in this mod, if you are not aiming for the head, you are wasting your ammo.

There's a learning curve. We, the Deadline team, are asking a lot of players and mappers, but there is method to the madness, and I've found the method very rewarding. Punch a slow zombie in the head three times (74 damage each), you'll see what I mean.

WARNING: the knife does 55 damage between .8 and .9m in this mod (zombies' killzone = 16 damage between .8 and .9m), not 300 damage between 1.5 and 2.75m like the original game. My reason for this is simple. The knife's ammo is a killzone, you cannot aim for the head with it, and I don't think forcing players to knife other players twice is too much to demand. CQBs are the only ones that can punch...

I really need to work up a guide, don't I?