View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
Dear Baldo

Going by that review I'd say the Hair Farmer did a pretty good job (J/K)
I am sure I'll enjoy it and more so if I can map in it successfully, I hope you don't find my comments unfavorable in any way and I apologize if I have offended in any way at all because I clearly understand the effort you would have put into this project and for that I am always grateful (for your continued interest in the series) as will many. I downloaded it the first day by the way but it will have to just wait a little while longer in my case.

Your vast knowledge of the subject is obvious and I am very pleased to have met you here. You have helped and guided myself and others and it is always a pleasure to communicate with you.
Thank You Mate
One thing that's always annoyed me about the MED is the haphazard item names. You open the Insert Items dialog, select Markers and Area Trigger is right there at the top, Waypoint is at the bottom. Select Decorations and the chain link fences are not 8 ft. and 16 ft. sections, they're 8m and 16m. Some effect decorations are invisible in the MED if you don't activate the Collision Models check box. All those items items that have a w at the end of their names. Two Sister Buildings, but which is the PSP? And why are the wall sections scattered all over the list?

I renamed every item in the items.def and they all list a bit more coherently in the MED now. I'll attach some screen shots...

And I honestly can't figure out what you're apologizing for, stomps. I suspect that even if I were a bit more paranoid and egocentric, I could take your comments as at best reserved, at worst skeptical, but offensive?

Tell you this way: since I noticed the misnamed Little Bird while making screen shots to show you the improved MED item listing in the mod, I'm going to add your name to the thanks list screen. That's how much you've offended me, good sir!

May this be a lesson to you on netiquette. Or modiquette.

Have I mentioned I'm a bit insomnial?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DLMEDdec.JPG
Views:	632
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	3545   Click image for larger version

Name:	DLMEDmark.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	350.1 KB
ID:	3546   Click image for larger version

Name:	DLMEDveh.JPG