View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

BulletMagnet has made my entire week. That review has made me very, very happy. From a die-hard DF2 fan, no less.

The map "First Encounter" was created by Getbacjack, and although I have tweaked events and enemies a good amount, I only made two slight but important additions to the actual construction. I'm privileged to be surrounded by creative geniuses, as far as mapping is concerned.

We all want story, especially if it's good, and I hope we can deliver that. That's why we agonized over a release with an unfinished campaign for so long.

The new weapon models are all NSO mod originals, but I've tweaked perfomance on them quite extensively. All the sight targas are made by me, although most are adaptations of ShadowZ's aesthetics. I like greenish luminescent sight highlights, he likes red.

Apropos green/red, I was well aware that the red text themes I wanted for the menus might anger some color-blind players, and the briefing text IS a bit unclear, though I'm used to it by now. Maybe I could make the briefing text a bit brighter? I could wedge a darker background under the text, but I'd hate to obscure that screen background image. Feel free to suggest improvements.

Suggestion: next mission you play in the mod, press F6 to turn on the health bar. I want to know if players like it or not. I love it.

And not just DL missions, I mean ANY mission, I tried quite hard to make the mod compatible with the original BHD and TS campaigns. I think NSO maps should work fine as well. I'd have to check to make sure, though.