View Single Post
Old 12-31-2001, 11:58 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
Its so hard not to flame other peoples choices, I am sweating here holding myself bakc from saying Whhhaaaattt!!!!! but I won't.

Favourite game ever, how do you judge that? It will be different depending on how old you are as mcuh as anything else, also it has already become clear that the youth of today actualy COUNT Playstation as a viable platform for classic games.... Hmmm.... how close we came to mediocraty when that machine came on sale. Anyhow, here are my top 5 games, in no particular order.

All mychoices are based on time spent, playing and more importantly re-playing the titles.

1) Sid Meiers CivilisationII for PC. Had it on on my 486, still have it on my Athlon super computer.

2) Mario-Kart for SNES. I had necrotic thumbs that required a doctors attention from playing this game. Still stands to my mind as the greatest racing game ever made. I thought the 3D one sacrificed gameplay for graphics. I hoped on hope I might get GBoy Adv. with it on this year for Xmas too...

3) Duke Nukem 3D. He them man, he still the man, he always the man, 'What are you some bottom feeding, scum sucking, algae eater?' Cant wait for the new one.

4) Delta Force Land Warrior. Again proof positive that gameplay rules over graphics any day of the month, My first real attempt at online gaming came through this and so historicaly will live on in my memory as the source of all my realtionship problems in the early days.

5) Minesweeper for Windows. Sounds silly but I played this a LOT when I had 56k modem, I would while away the hours of downlaoding stuff with thisone. Fastest times, Beginner 8 seconds, Interm. 43 seconds and expert, never, ever, completed it, LOL

So many more that have been missed, the obvious one being Doom. All you little ones out there that missed the phenomonon whilst you were building LEGO towers and wetting yourselves, here is a fact.
At the height of its fame, more people owned a copy of shareware DOOM than had a copy of Windows. WOW!

LOL I am enjoying this thread already, I am gunna give it 5 Stars