Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 07:30 AM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
The chevrons are supposed to angle a bit to the right due to spin drift, but that's not a thing in NL games (is it?
I tried using the weapon.def "SCOPE_PARALAX_DISTANCE 0.0" option to get this affect. This will offset the bullet impact left or right (enter negative value for left positive for right.)

But it doesn't work like this for 1st person guns. It will offset it to the left or right of the reticle, but it appears to be the same offset regardless of distance. Probably because the bullet is emitted from the camera and not the player's gun? maybe, I don't know.

I do know that this works with my Abrams main gun reticle. The main gun is offset left of the camera. So the range markings must be offset to the right. I have the Main gun's parallax distance set to 0.8 (the distance from the gun to the camera). These markings are accurate, at least out to 1000m (about the furthest I could see to test it.)

I know it's not the same as matching the scope markings to bullet spin drift, but I thought I could use it to create a similar affect. Oh well.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank_ret.jpg (43.8 KB, 85 views)