Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 06:59 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

cz_hr06_SIGCOGch.jpg:
Paying approximately 7.6% more attention than usual in a recent play test of CS:CZ, I noticed that the ACOG on the viewmodel of the SIG-552 has no light pipe. The infamous source of the ACOG's blindingly daylight-bright chevron. Not on this viewmodel.

I started having doubts.

Did a bit of looking around the Trijicon site, where I quickly realized a lot of the ACOGs were tritium only. Light pipe free. I also noticed that none of the models featuring back up irons like the viewmodel has were offered with the chevron reticle. They all had the red crosshair.

Welp...

Here's my crack at the ACOG 4x32 BAC Model TA31-CH Red Crosshair reticle. There's little detail in this, but it is to scale.

Also, just now ctrl+c-ing some text above from the .pdf datasheet, I've seen that all the tritium only models have amber reticles, not red.

Hm.

cz_hr06_PTR40.jpg:
Battlebit has this reticle, and I ripped it off. Had to, really. It's half-size scaled for this magnification and resolution, but I got the whole thing in a 256px² sprite, and that's what really matters. The illuminated cross is aberrant from the original, but I like being able to see my reticle in low light, y'know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_SIGCOGch.jpg (43.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr06_PTR40.jpg (42.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 07-11-2023 at 10:30 PM.