View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 PM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
Props to whoever started this; it's a noble cause.

It's unfortunate that NovaLogic is completely dead. I'm curious if they even still exist as a company. I'm guessing it's 2 or 3 people paying the bills to keep the website (AKA a 1999 JPEG image with "hot new deals") and servers up and running.

Someone on Reddit asked what happened to them and got this reply:

Quote:
As one of the programmers for DF, DF2, F22 and a bunch of other misc crap I've since forgotten, a lot of us left for greener pastures soon after their heyday. The CEO, John Garcia, made NL a pretty hostile work place. He was always kinda an arrogant douche, but he become much more so after the success of the DF series.
Its a damn shame too. There were a lot of cool and talented people there "back in the the days".
I don't even know why they still exist.
Quote:
They are a dried up husk of what they use to be. I think the only programmer left is Kyle, the original dude that created voxels and the comanche series. Not sure who is still left there to tell you the truth.
Everyone I know there have left and gone to bigger better places.
It's a shame. The FPS world is too streamlined now for NovaLogic to have any chance at a comeback, and they don't deserve one anyway.