View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Yesterday was spent in the classroom with lessons regering safety and enviroment

Today was spent once again in the classroom with something kalled "Anlaggning", which is about different kind of ground, how it acts when there's water hazards and how to prevent those. Alot on how to construct a trench in the best way, cable and pipe laying, preperation for housedevelopment, different ways to measure (sticks, laser and then machine laser and GPS system ) and alot more. Really interesting stuff!

Bottom down, it's not just to stick your bucket in the ground and remove soil to be done. That's why education is so important, anyone can swing around with an excavator or a backhoe but to do it right require knowlage. I'm not saying that working with someone that's skilled and work your way up from the pit to the machine isn't a good way, just isn't a quick enough way for me!

Also doing 6 movments at the same time in perfect sync takes skill!

Also everyone that wanted was given a chance to do the "combined stick and boom" movment with the little mini excavator (the one in the second photo from the top that's about 1/10 of the bigger machine ). Tomorrow is home study of the things we've lernt this week

Monday will be to get familiour with the controls of the bigger machinery. The huddig, Doosan, Volvo excavator and the wheelloader

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 01-13-2011 at 02:59 PM.