Thread: Quit smoking!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I know what you’re saying. Nothing went my way for the first little while either. I had a big problem the night I quit, changing the oil in my car. I would have killed someone if they bothered me. The old rubber ring got left on my car after removing the oil filter so when I put the new filter on there was two rubber rings = oil spits out everywhere when I started my car. I was covered in oil and could not get the old oil filter off because now it was slippery. I ended up stabbing it with a screw driver just so I could twist it. After all that some hot oil dripped by my eye when I was under the car so I jumped and got a nice deep cut filled with oil on my eyebrow. What a mess. I also had 4 computers to build the following week, which did not go how I wanted them to. I usually smoke tons when I am on the computer or building them. Especially if it isn’t going my way.

You just got to fight though it. I fought with myself (literally) many nights before I declared victory. I found cinnamon gum, altoid cinnamon mints, dentine ice frost bites and other strong mints/cinnamon helped a lot. The more it burned my tongue or lip the faster I forgot about a cigarette.

It’s tough, I won’t deny it. But the rewards are great. Smokes were 6 bucks a pack here. I was a pack + some a day smoker so that was about $50 a week for cigs. The Chaintix is worth it. If you’re like me you won’t like smoking at all after about 1 or 2 weeks of taking it. Plus you’ll love the dreams .

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq