View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

^^ lol

I can easily relate to you Mauser. That mission i went through that lasted 3 hours didnt exactly end in one go. I must've died 20 times during it. Two times i died while trying to escape the besieged town. I went one way to investigate the convoy ambush but got attacked by a T72 that lunged at us from literally nowhere. The second time i tried to escape (instead of reconing) the other way. I loaded up my team in a truck and off we went, only to get pulverised by yet another T72.

So now i know there isnt an easy way out. So i waited around trying to come up with a way to win. The enemy launched a few attacks against us, we repulsed them (i died some more, lost some men) and waited for dark, seeing is that may be my only way of getting out.

The radio said a boat was coming to evacuate us. It came, i rallied the troops at the shore and we all got in...and sat there staring at each other for 5 minutes. Damn waypoints were bugged. So we got out and headed back to our positions and waited for dark again.

Dark came at last and we all got ready to evacuate (you should have seen it it was damn awesome! Almost real! We were sneaking around in the dark, jumping from one point to another, scanning the horizon etc). Then we made our escape, heading for the next forest. A T72 appears out of nowhere. "Hit the dirt!" we all dove to the ground and watched silently as the tank drove on to the town and started randomly blowing stuff up. It even blew up the boat that had come to pick us up lol!

So we ran 5 kilometres across the island, evading patrols, straying into a tank battle before the mission was finally over. And during all this, never did we have NVGs during the escape. I didnt lose anyone during the escape, and nor were we spotted (except for that massive tank battle from nowhere - though i doubt we triggered it).

It was a scary mission, but lifelike. I must've been sittin in that chair for 3 hours playing it. It was awesome. Best ever.