Thread: My explanation
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Acid is offline Acid

Send a message via ICQ to Acid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaleb
no i meant college, film school
You got nothing to worry about there man. I'm a filmmaker, have been for 14 years.

Film school is NOT needed to become a filmmaker. What did all the film makers do to learn their craft before film schools came into existance? They learned it OJT (On the Job Training). Where are you thinking of going? Columbia College?

The funny thing about it is that once you graduate film school, you are in the same postion as any other average Joe, wanting a film career. Sure you know what an F-stop is, and how to load a mag on a 16mm Bolex. But thats just as easily learned OJT. You still gotta pay your dues to get "In" and get hired to do the job you are allegedly qualified for, since you have a degree in film. And, there is an entire language and set of operations when working on a film set, that film school doesnt teach.

Dont sweat this man. I never went to one day of film school. And in my regular position, 1st A.D. (First assistant Director) I can charge between $450 and $1500 per day, depending on the size of the project. Although I am producing and directing now.

And as far as the pot. Most of the crew people in the world smoke it. I wouldnt condone any type of drug use, but you will never be asked about it.

I'm seen crew getting stoned at lunch time, and any other time for that matter.

And none of this is an excuse for you to be snapping on people. Thats just insane. Maybe you need to deal with some self control issues with a theropist. Cause thats just not good thinking. There is no excuse for it. I'm sure the theropist would also help you with your depression, cause that what it sounds like to me.

I lost my dad last year, and my doctor (general practice) suggested that I get on Zoloft. I can safely say it has made me feel better.

Oh yeah, what position do you want to do in film?

Good luck with the case man.