Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   phphq.Net Forums (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=277)
-   -   idea for panther all share your ideas or opinions on it :) (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38589)

PHP-Largo 09-03-2004 09:45 PM

idea for panther all share your ideas or opinions on it :)

Free scripts...nothing gets better. But there is a way to make free scripts better....they get it for freee but what happens if they don't want powered by phwhateverscript....and a link here????? make em' pay for a license to remove that little tag...like $2, or $3 dollars through pay pal....my idea for you to make some well deserved money that you earned ..

Dane 09-04-2004 05:16 AM

Yeh, Could be an idea. But its the people who would pay, and who wouldnt and just remove...

PHP-Largo 09-04-2004 12:20 PM

i don't know if it's possible but make a install.php page that will set up the mysql database when they click finish and maybe also email you a link to their website so you can keep a toll on if they removed it leagally or not...when u download something u agree to his terms all he has to do is mkake taht his terms!

Dane 09-04-2004 05:48 PM

Yeh, make offical terms and conditions.

But people can also remove code from install.php aswell to stop a email being sent etc.

PHP-Largo 09-05-2004 06:27 PM

o well hopefuly people are more trustful...maybe there is a way that you can also make it have to connect to you for it to finish setting up installation (by you i mean panther) and if they remove it and change it so it connects from there page and does all that...then they probaly don't need the script..

Scott 09-06-2004 10:08 AM

There are alot of ways to do something like this... another option is to hide the copyright in the code.. or even get a code incrypter..

katana*GFR* 09-11-2004 04:14 PM

and i guess that 's going to take a heck of a lot more work then :?
I like the files the way they are now, lots of explaining in the code, i might even learn PHP through it

PHP-Largo 09-11-2004 11:54 PM

it wouldn't take to much work for him to do it. what would is if he made the tracker where he could some disable the scipt from his site :|

FM 09-14-2004 09:11 AM

largo that's a bad idea. Expecially when there is php-nuke, and mambo scripts out there for free. People arn't going to buy a script that they haven't tested yet. So unless your going to sell, make sure you don't make the price to high. And make better features, then u can have both a free version (people can test out) and a payed version.

BB/Mike 09-17-2004 12:18 AM

if you have a decent product (which phportal is) i thijk it wil sell, look at vbulletin, despite the free fourms out there they are stilll going strong

careless 09-18-2004 09:04 AM

+ may i add V-Bullitin is in my oppinion well. Crap :p you can add code to some others like invision and make em better then VB lmao