Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So besides gaming, what do you do in your free time? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43071)

teej 04-21-2009 12:23 AM

So besides gaming, what do you do in your free time?

I go through spurts of what I am into. At the moment, I am really into golf. I try and golf at least once a week.

When the fall rolls around, I will hunt really hard for about 2 or 3 months.

I still like to go to the gym. I am not interested in getting bigger, I just want to cut myself up.

I am really into music right now.( I go through spurts on what I like). Right now I am into the newer stuff like scary kids scaring kids, mastodon, bullet for my valentine, the devil wears prada, saosin, drop dead, gorgeous etc. I have been going to a lot of local shows.

I am still interested in the piano and since I have bought one about a month or so ago, I have learned that it is harder to learn than expected. Plus I cannot motivate myself to sit down and learn the basics myself. So I am going to start piano lessons soon.

Hellfighter 04-21-2009 12:41 AM

in my spare time
yard work and going out on blind dates! my aunt set me up! some of them are really scary

.Simon. 04-21-2009 01:40 AM

Hmm I always like writing music, but i don't really force myself to do it unless i have an idea that pops into my head, then im usually up all night working on it.

I love art so now and then i try to do some sketching

Hanging out with my mates, playing some basketball, driving around... always a laugh ;)

-Tigger- 04-21-2009 05:11 AM

basically if im not at home, im at work... :)

Lakie 04-21-2009 05:46 AM

I think ive posted threads on all these, but I am a learner piper and learner/assistant Drum Major with the local pipe band which takes up a good lot of time. Get to wear a kilt thou :D

I also collect Japanese Swords and also items surrouding the Federation of Australia in 1901, when australia ceased being 6 seperate colonies of the UK and became a country...

Lakie 04-21-2009 05:57 AM

And I can answer this for tril too...

[Tril]
I click links
[/tril]

Erik 04-21-2009 06:55 AM

Well I work full time on nights 7p-7a so thats about 85% of my time. 10% is school and the other 5% is family, and everything else. I don't game at the moment. When the new DF comes out I will and than I will probably start a squad and fund it or just join one that isn't so bent on being in every single game lol. Thanks for asking :)

Scott 04-21-2009 08:53 AM

I work full time (11 or so hours including commute) and attend school most nights. On weekends I have off it's school work, running errands or visiting my girlfriend in Canada.. I will be done with school this year and am also moving close to work in May so my commute will be only 15 minutes each way instead of an hour and my evenings will be free.

After school is done I want to join a hockey league and play more golf.

skinny killer 04-21-2009 10:55 AM

Well I don't ever get to get out of the house much.

but I like taking long walks on my 15 acre piece of land (lots of large trees and woods. and 5 acres of grassy field) and shoot targets with my gun. I like to shoot walnuts. lots of walnut trees on my land so there's plenty of them to shoot. :D

The gun is not just for fun tho. we used to let these hunters hunt on our land and one of them was held up in a tree by a large pack of coyotes. we also have some wolf on our land.Oh, and my sister was held at gunpoint by a strange hunter (not one we knew). so it's nice to have something to shoot with!! LOL.

skinny killer 04-21-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 342492)
After school is done I want to join a hockey league and play more golf.

Now Now, don't try to make a Happy Gilmore out of yourself! LMAO!

Steve 04-21-2009 11:41 AM

^LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB (Post 342484)
basically if im not at home, im at work... :)

me2 :sad2:

-Tigger- 04-21-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve (Post 342515)
^LOL!

me2 :sad2:

sadly i love my job though, have slept in the car park many times and gone back in :rofl:

ShArP 04-21-2009 01:54 PM

work, biking, weight lifting, college, church

atholon 04-21-2009 03:32 PM

I do weightlifting and homework.

I really want to get into mountain biking this summer.

Mstenger404 04-21-2009 05:28 PM

working...
pushing carts is no job ill sleep in my car to get back to first thing in the morning.

teej 05-05-2009 12:16 AM

for about the past month or so, I have been looking into longboarding. I couple of my friends do it and love it. I think i am going to try to get into that.

Oh and I have also picked up disc golf lol.

.Simon. 05-05-2009 05:20 AM

Longboarding looks fun ;P

VooDoo- 05-05-2009 09:28 AM

smoke a lot of weed and study all the time hahahhahaa

now that i'm on summer .. replace studying with working

Erik 05-05-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooDoo- (Post 343855)
smoke a lot of weed and study all the time hahahhahaa

now that i'm on summer .. replace studying with working

Not sure if weed is the best route...but whatever works I guess.

ShArP 05-05-2009 05:16 PM

i am thinking of taking up mountain biking through some rough terrain, i think it would be smart to get a helmet first lol

:D :D :D