Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lan Play... again (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24980)

murdo 04-26-2005 04:33 AM

Lan Play... again

Well considering I don't have an internet connection at home just now, i was hoping to play this over LAN with some friends. Reason being that I logged countless hours playing the original Delta Force, and enjoyed it so much that the prospect of replying it was exciting.

But im not going to invest in an internet connection, just so I can play LAN games. Steam didn't persuade me and nor will NovaWorld.

Anyone wanna work on an "Offline" patch? ;)

Or maybe there are command lines that would help? Anyone know any?

score 04-26-2005 10:21 AM

The whole point of the Delta Force series is to play online and meet interesting people. Yeah LAN is fun but it is about 10% the experience of actually playing online.

murdo 04-27-2005 02:17 AM

i disagree

Well I don't agree. 10% is a very low estimate for a game which has something over ALL the other FPS games out there.... co-op. This alone makes the LAN miltiplayer part of the game much more enjoyable that the others that simply have team based MP or Deathmatch.

The appeal of Delta Force, to me, is the co-operative missions, and always has been since the original DF. I was dissapointed when this feature was missed in a couple of titles, such as Black Hawk Down and its expansion, TS, but seeing as there are CoOp patches around now, I can live with that.

I will be shelving this title, without any more playing, until someone (or indeed novalogic) devise a way of playing lan games without an internet connection.

Wish I didn't have to do this, but if this is what they are going to do with all future titles, I guess Joint Ops will be the last NovaLogic title I play. Shame, because there titles have been great for the most part, and I've always been happy to spend the money.

Diamond Bullet 04-27-2005 10:04 AM

I would have to disagree to, although playing online if good fun nothing compares to a hilarious session with ur m8s.

murdo 04-28-2005 02:21 AM

hey Diamond Bullet, you in scotland too mate? Where abouts? I'm in scotland, sorta in between Stranraer and Dumfries... South West Coast

mastercare 04-28-2005 10:16 AM

lan games rule.....

hi i totally agree with Murdo far too many games have gone internet only....i can remember a thursday night with 4 mates around all connected and playing doom2 on lan....it was fun to me its like playing against ai players on net never the same twice...its nice after a match to brag or hide your head in the corner if you lost against ur mates...
my son and i enjoyed hidden and dangerous he was upstairs on the lan and we finished the whole game in CO OP mode remember that?
so when h&d 2 came out we thought wow...but alas no co op mode....
im sorry call me old fashioned or what but i love a good lan game......
cheers paul....

atholon 04-28-2005 10:26 AM

I love playing lan games. It is soo awesome...no lag and you can make fun of your friends in person when you own them :p

Iron Palm 05-09-2005 09:21 AM

Tell this pooh to the 1050(ish) lan gamers i gamed with last weekend.
Got around 30 people that told me they love DFX looks and feel, but wont buy it because its not playable on lan.

I bet if i asked all 1050(ish) gamers, about half would tell me they dont play these sort of games at all, but the other 500 would tell the same as the people above.

Patch it or lose money.

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 11:06 AM

Isn't there an option in Multiplayer for LAN?? :confused:

BADDOG 05-09-2005 11:16 AM

I don't have this game just yet but those are some very interesting comments there guys, I'll keep them in mind when I get round to buying the game:)!!!!

Regards :) :p ;) :D

Hellfighter 05-09-2005 11:54 AM

i send a copy of this to my 2 buddies maybe they can give me some feed back on this subject.

Georgina & Michael of Novalogic, Inc

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chief ADFP
i send a copy of this to my 2 buddies maybe they can give me some feed back on this subject.
Woohoo Chief got connections :p

Hellfighter 05-09-2005 12:02 PM

yea i do reason when i made them screen savers for the fan, the copy and marketing dept of nova we talk a lot on the telephone and got to know each other pretty good.

let hope maybe there some thing may come of this.

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 12:04 PM

I know what the reply is going to be though :p

Diamond Bullet 05-09-2005 12:23 PM

just got the game, so far im not too impressed the Nova "Sniper" servers are full of gunners :(
DD where can I get this mp mod, get on msn :)

oh and murdo, im from glasgow m8.

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diamond Bullet
just got the game, so far im not too impressed the Nova "Sniper" servers are full of gunners :(
DD where can I get this mp mod, get on msn :)

oh and murdo, im from glasgow m8.

You Ranger Fan boy??

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 01:42 PM

Got a reply for you LAN Junkies :p

My question
So, LAN option won't work even if people want to play over LAN with legal copies??

Replay from 818.Super.Fox6
It will work. If you don't have a high speed connection then just have one person with a 56k hook it up. Then do the internet sharing option via his modem and you will all be online. This is designed so that we can better track cheaters and make sure that banned accounts are truly banned.

Rider 05-09-2005 08:07 PM

Re: Got a reply for you LAN Junkies :p

Quote:

Originally posted by DevilDog#1
My question
So, LAN option won't work even if people want to play over LAN with legal copies??

I dont think the game has a Lan option at all on it

Quote:

Replay from 818.Super.Fox6
It will work. If you don't have a high speed connection then just have one person with a 56k hook it up. Then do the internet sharing option via his modem and you will all be online. This is designed so that we can better track cheaters and make sure that banned accounts are truly banned. [/B]
why would it matter when playing lan noones playing online anyway

I think it should have a lan option to, I loved that about df1 myself

DevilDog#1 05-09-2005 09:20 PM

This is a LAN option.

Click on Multiplayer
LAN tab is on the Top Right hand