Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jobs (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33574)

Jason 03-02-2006 11:39 PM

Jobs

I was curious out of those of you who work for a living what do you do?

I work as a Line Cook at a place called Mayacama in beautiful Northern California. www.mayacama.com There youll see pictures of the clubhouse and the golfcourse. Its a Country Club for them rich folk :p Surprises me how much they pay to go there let alone how they can still afford to drive EXTREAMLY nice cars... i wish i had that pocket change.

POST WHAT YOU DO!! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR!!??

Stephen 03-02-2006 11:42 PM

Im a soldier in the US ARMY my job is a combat engineer basicly im infantry with demolitions.

Scott 03-03-2006 12:08 AM

I do contract web development for a few companies outa Minnesota and Wisconsin from home. Been working from home since June 05'. Hardest job I've ever had, seriously.. I work more hours then I did working at a 'real' 40hr/wk full time job.. only thing good about it is the pay and i get to be home / do what I want when I want to..

Lakie 03-03-2006 12:10 AM

Full Time Unni Student

Plus i help out in the two family businesses, antqiues and furniture and the otherone is an art dealers..

SilentTrigger 03-03-2006 08:02 AM

I curently work at my old school :)

milk 03-03-2006 11:03 AM

i had a job... at one time

Matt 03-03-2006 11:23 AM

work at the sports authority (sports retail store) and im a fitness instructor at the YMCA, about to be a personal trainer in a few months

DogSoldier~MLK~ 03-03-2006 12:45 PM

I am a trainee accountant for an insurance company that deals with motorbikes,car, home, travel,pet, mortgages, pensions and life insurance

Steve 03-03-2006 01:30 PM

something along the lines of some kind of computer service engineer

basically i work from home and drive around the country fixing problems with computers / networks / POS / any IT stuff in shops / hotels / sports stadia (mostly bigger football clubs - premier / championship clubs).

covering anything from replacing equipment such as a monitor / mouse, to full system builds, installs, and software including all windows flavours 3.1 -> server 2003, Novell, Unix and some other random stuff. and also pretty much any printer u can think of and many you would never see hehehe.

every day is totally different, today i replaced 4 floppy drives in old IBM clones and fixed a multi feeding label printer in a vets. and covered about 220 miles :) (....... and got stuck in traffic cause it was snowing :mad: ) , yesterday i replaced and setup a modem, replaced a dvd drive in a alaptop and then fixed a corrupt win 98 machine, so need to do a lot of on the job learning, as there is simply too much stuff to learn from a book or training courses.

good fun though, more freedom than a 9-5 desk job

SilentTrigger 03-03-2006 02:22 PM

Re: Jobs

Quote:

Originally posted by Jason
I was curious out of those of you who work for a living what do you do?

I work as a Line Cook at a place called Mayacama in beautiful Northern California. www.mayacama.com There youll see pictures of the clubhouse and the golfcourse. Its a Country Club for them rich folk :p Surprises me how much they pay to go there let alone how they can still afford to drive EXTREAMLY nice cars... i wish i had that pocket change.

POST WHAT YOU DO!! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR!!??

Wow that club looks awsome! :eek:

here's where i work hehe

http://www.vadsbo.mariestad.se/

its in swedish though and one server is down due to remodeling the lokal network infrastructure or some such (atleast at our part of the school as its expanding with marinebioligy or something, think the server is near our part of the school where're they're installing 40 more lan cables), Im at the EC EL part of the school (a program with Automation as a major, kind of :D )

haha -> http://www.vadsbo.mariestad.se/archi...-2005-webb.pdf photos of my old classmates when i was a student there :D

Jeff 03-03-2006 03:27 PM

I am a freelance web designer & developer at [plug] www.exit13.ca [/plug].
But i recently left working at TheSource ( www.thesource.ca).

Scattergun 03-03-2006 11:50 PM

Work at a Grocerie store ($8.90 an hour not bad for a student) and a Student At Norway-Vulcan Area Schools

One more year then i am outta that crap town lol

Joke*her 03-05-2006 07:06 AM

Sure! Why not....

I work for a company that makes wood Instrument and Door Panels,
Consoles, Center Finish Panels, shifter knobs, etc. for luxury vehicles.
We do business with FORD, GM and Chrysler as well as other "big" names
like Mercedes, BMW, Cobalt Boat, and Freightliner. We are all about wood-
working.

I am going on 12 years here. It's alright but I'd rather be at the beach.

I worked in production here for 6 years and now am an Internal Certified
Quality Auditor. I audit the System, processes, procedures work instructions
and Suppliers according to TS 16949 and ISO 14001. I also deal with
customers complaints and sometimes, have to take road trips for them as well.
(Basically I have to be serious and professional...:eek: ... not always easy
to be serious if you know me).

The next time you walk by (or if you own) a Cadillac Eldorado or Seville,
a Ford Navigator or Certain Mercedes and BMW vehicles, Chrysler , etc.
take a look at the wood. It's all real as long as it isn't from our competitor.
(They make imitation panels from plastic).

Terry 03-06-2006 03:44 PM

I work as a Tyre / Exhaust fitter for a company called kwik fit

Guns4hire 03-07-2006 07:26 AM

for me its 2 10 hour shifts and 1 4 hour shift at a local NHS Hospital