Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Web design and Programming (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Yet Another DF site ? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25676)

FrankM 05-16-2005 12:52 PM

Yet Another DF site ?

So I want to open another Delta Force based web-site. I was reading a bit and decided that I would ask these questions to people and see what we can come up with.

1. Purpose - What message you want to convey?
A. Tell me what you would like to see a DF site do that isn't seen much or at all, possibly from other gaming sites?
---------------
2. Audience - Who is it for?
A. This would be directly affected by question one. Addressing a particular genre of players in the community would be preffered.
---------------
3. Domain - What do you want to call it?
A. Well this doesn't have to be related to the name, but the domain would be helpfull to be simple. Suggestions are good.
---------------
4. Hosting - How much can you pay?
A. Well, I can take care of this, money is not a problem.
---------------
5. Tools of trade - Which tools do you plan to use?
A. Well, I'm not sure exactly what to say about this question, I would think that I would use the skills of players that are interested in working on a site for them, and this would allow multiple different minds to work togeather of course I would do all thats needed and let players take over the different parts of the site as they come along and want to help in there spare time.
---------------
6. Programming Language - Which programming language you want to use?
A. I would use PHP mostly, this is the language that I am familiar with.
---------------
7. Maintenace - How much time can you put in to keep the site running?
A. I work Monday-Friday 7am to 6pm with access to the internet the whole time, I would be able to put togeather the site in the evenings when I get home everyday for about 2 hours and on the weekends a bit more. This would allow a good ammount of time but not really enough, For the first year I would put a lot of time into it, more so then listed above. It becomes some what of a obsession to my self.

I & H : INFORMATION AND HISTORY

My name is Frank McDonough, I live in Gaithersburg Maryland and work in Rockville Maryland. I'm a Dispatcher for a JeeP Dealership. I'm 19 years old and have been playing Delta Force seriese since the DF Demo. The most recent squad I played with was MakersField under the name TriggerHappy. I've had quite a few DF sites in the past that have all been shut down for one reason or another.

What I believe is different between this site and any other site that I've run is this time I'm more mature, I have the money to run the site, A big difference is I hope to have this site run by players and addresses there wants instead of making a site and then ask what they want. Start from the source code up.

Get back to many with Idea's.

Dr. Bullet 05-16-2005 12:56 PM

I would suggest a donation to Panther for the upkeep of this site. He and the other admins have been in the DF community for a long time, they help everyone, and they seem to have everything anyone needs. If they don't, someone is usually able to come up with whatever it is quickly.

It takes a ton of money to run this site, so if you've got some to play with, it's a good investment in the community :)

FrankM 05-16-2005 01:07 PM

Well, Panther and I go way back to when this site wasn't even that big. I believe I have donated money back in my designing days, and this site is an awsome site, I don't build web-sites to compete, I would build a site for people to have fun. Thats the whole purpose.

DevilDog#1 05-16-2005 01:39 PM

I know this name from somewhere!! :eek:

Steve 05-16-2005 01:45 PM

yeah same here :P

didn't you ask panther to change something on the site lots of times? hmm i cant quite remember if i got the right person and what it was about :/

Scott 05-16-2005 01:47 PM

FrankM aka Masta, sup bro :)

DevilDog#1 05-16-2005 01:50 PM

Muuuuuuuuhahahahaahhaa I know and not sharing with you people. :D

FrankM 05-16-2005 01:50 PM

Whats up DD... how ya been, we had a big scuff a while back about 2 years ago, a mis-communication etc. etc. We didn't talk for the longest time.

Doin well for your self I see, glad to see ya still here, community would be at a loss with out you.

HAVE A GOOD ONE BUDDY...

FrankM 05-16-2005 01:54 PM

Pantha..... what up, nm.... got my self a real job and a life.... for once in my life actually doing something worth while.....

I always visit the site, once a day too see whats up, was play'n with a German squadron MakersField, good times....

Whats happending in the community these days..... games poppen out the wazzzzzoooooooo

DevilDog#1 05-16-2005 01:55 PM

LOL!!

I remember those days!! LMFAO!! I guess we had our share of "fun" :D

Glad to hear. Doing great here too. :)

Take it easy. ;)

FrankM 05-16-2005 01:56 PM

Whats games you still play'n we should get togeather and play a few rounds.

DevilDog#1 05-16-2005 01:58 PM

I've mostly been doing DFX MODs ... Checkout the main news for latest mod ... Going to get it later tonight. Since, Mr McGarrett added PSG coz of me :D

Edit: when I say "doing" I mean playing :D

FrankM 05-16-2005 02:11 PM

INTERESTING, I never really got into ModZ I suppose I could try something new.

Dr. Bullet 05-16-2005 02:41 PM

Somehow, I feel I've been had :D

Well, at any rate, you can donate to me :p

FrankM 05-16-2005 03:06 PM

Its ok, there was no way for you to know that we're all old friends.....

EDGE 05-16-2005 03:09 PM

donate to nova-hotline? :) lol

FrankM 05-16-2005 03:54 PM

TRYING TO TAKE ALL MY MONEY.... ERRRR, LOL, WE'LL SEE.

DevilDog#1 05-16-2005 03:56 PM

LMFAO!

Frank you did say $ is no issue... :p

Matt 05-16-2005 04:01 PM

i remember u too :)

EDGE 05-16-2005 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FrankM
TRYING TO TAKE ALL MY MONEY.... ERRRR, LOL, WE'LL SEE.
lol, jk bro