Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Internet slow? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39611)

IcIshoot 09-10-2007 10:21 PM

Internet slow?

Just curious if every one else is experiencing slow internet tonight.

I have ask 3 people, all in different parts of the US and they are all experiencing slow internet.

Hellfighter 09-10-2007 10:27 PM

not me about the same here

SilentTrigger 09-11-2007 07:35 AM

Been having no problems but then I'm on the other side of the pond!

ShArP 09-11-2007 09:23 AM

about the same as always here in Pennsylvania...

:D :D :D

Mauser 98K 09-11-2007 03:40 PM

yup, and every time they work on the box after i callem it gets slower and slower, i just stoped calling them , im alread down to 23.8k from 48k 5 years ago.

DevilDog#1 09-12-2007 10:17 PM

Nope same here.

Hellfighter 09-12-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mauser 98K
yup, and every time they work on the box after i callem it gets slower and slower, i just stoped calling them , im alread down to 23.8k from 48k 5 years ago.
feel the same way my jumps some times use to be 2-4yrs ago 56. then go to 21kb

mostly stay at 48kb but some time when it feel like crap it go to 46.00 or really bad it even go low as 21.kb

IcIshoot 09-13-2007 08:12 AM

Thanks for all the posts - but I should have put a time limit on it.

Internet was back up to full speed the day after I posted this - I was just curious if any one else was having a slow night that night :D

Hellfighter 09-13-2007 09:07 AM

its ok
i really think its sunspots doing it j/k

VooDoo- 09-13-2007 11:55 AM

someone hackz teh internetz

Mauser 98K 09-13-2007 02:36 PM

probably bandwidth problems, or in my case, dialup, the company i get my dialup from has went to selling DSL so i guess they have let the dialup slip into the crapper, or they doing it on pourpose to try to get every1 to get DSL in that case it will be 1 big lawsuit aganst them if people find out, for that is what they say every time i try to get an issue checked ouyt, upgrade to dsl upgrade to dsl, big thing is, i have a neighbor that used to work for the company bellsouth that i get my dialup from and she still getting 48-50k but the tech support keep telling me there is nothing they can do for my speed for their equipment isnt rated for the 56k, im like BS.

thinking of calling the BBB or something to see what the problem is.

katana*GFR* 09-13-2007 04:59 PM

Ever thought of the fact that almost all phone centers and line passers are set up for digital work? So its not that weird that you have a drop in the speed, also what is your range to the nearest central of the phonelines? If its more then a mile, there ya go, thats were your speed is staying, in the lines.. It loses its power due to the fact it has a long way to travel.

DSL ftw!! 2.45MB/s for me.

Mauser 98K 09-13-2007 05:18 PM

well i used to get 50k that is the problem so if it was my range it would have never been that fast , and my neighbor next door is getting 48k not even 50ft from my house so the range is irrelavant.

and they did something to the box and that is when it droped to 24k and hasnt been over that since, that has been like 2 years , i have asked them what they did or if they could just check it out, i get the classic, runaround , they give me a link that takes me to 4 of 5 sites at witch they tell me to go back to the first page and the cycle starts again or the link they give me just doesnt work and if all the lines were digital wouldnt the other person get slower speed too? they got the same ISP as i do, dials the same set of numbers but just diffrent passwords, i know i build their last computer, i have the same modem, set up the same way and i still getting screwed on speed.

and i e-mail them month b4 last and they say they would look at it and it still doing the same thing, but now when it rains the connection goes out compleatly and i cant connect, and i call them and they ither wont return calls or they transfer me and put me on hold at the end of they drop the call, im tired of the ****. i think i will call the bbb or call fox on my side and get it put on national tv of what they are doing, im paying for it so dammit they can give me reliable service.

katana*GFR* 09-14-2007 08:42 AM

If it rains the connection fails? Your line is bad. Try to get them to repair your line. If they wont do that, try to find were the main line is and break that, that way they are forced to fix it..
Sounds to me like A. your line to your home is ready to die or B. the pair they use for your line is ready to die. In that case they should set you up on the 2nd pair that is availeble. ( All phonelines big cables have 2 pairs, 1 for use and 1 for backup )
Offcourse this is talking about a underground cable.

You said your naighbour worked for the company? Ask him if he can try to get someone to do a measurement on your line, You cant do it legally by yourself, since the line needs to be disconnected in the central, and a "beeper" has to be attached there. And then on your side there needs to be the measurement device. It will measure Attenuation, damping and more stuff.. My guess is the values on your line will be very high.. Which is not good.

ShArP 09-14-2007 12:23 PM

does anyone else's internet disconnect when it storms?

not like you should be on it anyway just asking...

Mauser 98K 09-14-2007 12:48 PM

lol sharp, i play with headphones and all on when it storming, got my own electric chair going here, lol.

IcIshoot 09-14-2007 01:47 PM

Only time my internet goes out durning storms is if we loose power.

And I generally don't shut things down unless it is pretty bad - if it is just a normal thunderstorm with sheet lightning I don't worry to much about it.

IcI

ShArP 09-14-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mauser 98K
lol sharp, i play with headphones and all on when it storming, got my own electric chair going here, lol.
YOUR ONE CRAZY SOB LOL