Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Force (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   stupid people (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10003)

RHA600 08-28-2003 02:05 PM

stupid people

Nova needs start giving a test before people can play this game. There are some real winners in there. First I get some guy trying to tell me that his lag do to a ping of over 1500 doesn't effect me in any way. So the fact that he skips 100 feet at a time shouldn't matter. http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/i...milies/pat.gif

Then I have another guy tell me that his ping is only the ping time between him and I. Well that would be correct if I was hosting or he were hosting a game. but we were on a nova server. http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/i...ilies/bash.gif

Then the best was just last night. Playing an AD game on the map with the stadium. I forget the map name. I am in the balcony of the biulding that is to the left as you come out of the stadium. The same balcony that is in just about every map. This guy is trying to tell me that I am in a glitch because I am crouched on the balcony. And he is pleading with my team to go get a SS of me. http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/i...milies/wtf.gif Obviously they were all laughing and eventually one of his team mates shot me...but what is it with some of these guys?

On a good note though...this game still rocks. It's frustrating as hell sometimes but it's addicting and I always have a great time playing.

Steve 08-28-2003 03:40 PM

Re: stupid people

Quote:

Originally posted by RHA600
There are some real winners in there.
:p

teej 08-28-2003 04:29 PM

hey the ppl that complain about lag are just n00bs. I dont like ppl who complain about lag. They no that if they have lagg in a game leave or ask someone to do a netdelay.

BADDOG 08-29-2003 11:10 AM

Noobs???? Why would they be noobs? Or is that just your opinion? The fact is some one will always complain or make an accusasion against another player it doesn't neccessarily mean they are new to the game and weren't you a noob once as we all were?

Regards

RHA600 08-29-2003 11:46 AM

well I see what he means about the n00b thing. the n00bs don't realize that half the time they can't hit someone it's lag but they blame it on the person cheating. Just the other night I had a guy shooting at me and said I was cheating. He had a 1300 ping. well no wonder he can't hit anything...

On a side note. does anyone know the problems behind the smoke and the lag? Some say it's the Nova server slowing down and some say it's our computer. Well I doubt it's my machine considering what I've got, and I've also been in games where someone throughs smoke on the other side of the map. I am not anywhere near it and can't see it if I tried and I can see the game lagging. That makes me think it is the server... it doesn't happen all the time but you always get that one idiot that insists on throughing 20 cans of smoke.

USrecon 08-29-2003 01:11 PM

i seem to get the impression that those of you who call others noobs due to nading or pings or their amatuer status only do so after they kill you....food for thought

a pink punk 08-29-2003 01:28 PM

yes they do need a test. like AA. yaou have to pass somestuff befor you can play online. or play certain maps.

d3reddragon 08-29-2003 02:09 PM

Well I sometimes complain about lagg :P But I will own anyone of yall in a 1v1 or just a plain game (Anyone for a 1v1?):D

d3reddragon 08-29-2003 02:10 PM

(Any one that calls me a N00b)

sorry for double post it dont let me edit my own posts :rolleyes:

A TIN OF SOUP 08-30-2003 07:05 AM

:D A NOOBS GUIDE TO BHD
This is unfinished and still in the early edditing stages and only half the footage but I thourght it fitted the thread and maybe you guys may have some ideas of noobs worst habbits I can add to the finished video????

animal_mutha 09-17-2003 07:18 AM

lag is an excuse. although i know how depressing it would be trying to make everything works well for everyone. I'm currently using a dial-up connection which i know pisses some people off. I'm upgrading to broadband in 2 weeks time. So bare with me if you come across me in any of the servers y'all in.

I've only been playing DFBHD online since May. How do you tell that a person is a NoOb? Am i one of em' cause i played in a dial-up connection & caused lag in a couple of the servers? I think from the country where I am rite now, theres only 3 of us that I could think of that plays DFBHD...LOL... I **** u now. Coz' I've never met anyone from Malaysia playing DFBHD online before, except for my 2 other bros.

Its cool to know that DFBHD makes the world smaller.... & lagger...hehehe... anyway, hope to get the broadband soon so that my pings wont get any higher than 300. I've never played any servers that gets my ping up to 800+. I'll get off the server if i get high ping levels to avoid any "hate" messages....hehehe

animal_mutha 09-17-2003 07:19 AM

lag is an excuse. although i know how depressing it would be trying to make everything works well for everyone. I'm currently using a dial-up connection which i know pisses some people off. I'm upgrading to broadband in 2 weeks time. So bare with me if you come across me in any of the servers y'all in.

I've only been playing DFBHD online since May. How do you tell that a person is a NoOb? Am i one of em' cause i played in a dial-up connection & caused lag in a couple of the servers? I think from the country where I am rite now, theres only 3 of us that I could think of that plays DFBHD...LOL... I $hit u not. Coz' I've never met anyone from Malaysia playing DFBHD online before, except for my 2 other bros.

Its cool to know that DFBHD makes the world smaller.... & lagger...hehehe... anyway, hope to get the broadband soon so that my pings wont get any higher than 300. I've never played any servers that gets my ping up to 800+. I'll get off the server if i get high ping levels to avoid any "hate" messages....hehehe

animal_mutha 09-17-2003 07:19 AM

whoops sorry for the double reply... my internet connection is going cuckoo

mrpow 09-28-2003 01:13 PM

"It looks like Blackhawk Down when on sale again at Wal-Mart" is a phrase we use when a heard of newbies suddenly show up on our server. The idea of a litany test to play on public servers is a good one. Maybe a player should have to complete the entire mission pack in hardists mode before being able to enter the public domain.

On another note. Some players misdiagnosed lag and may not have lag at all. When I see one player accused another player being leggy and they both have good ping times, it tells me that's somebody's video settings may not be set up in the best performance mode to play the game. No matter how good your video card is if you max out its capabilities by setting it up in a high quality picture mode, you'll still see paging and other effects at may be interpreted as lag. For better game play set your video card up and the highest performance mode possible, even if you have to sacrifice picture quality.

Mr.POW , out (pigs-of-war.com)

katana*GFR* 09-28-2003 02:25 PM

Re: stupid people

Quote:

Originally posted by RHA600
First I get some guy trying to tell me that his lag do to a ping of over 1500 doesn't effect me in any way.
Not in a Nova Server. And i think in none ofthe other servers also. I like the max. ping option

animal_mutha 10-09-2003 01:27 PM

i dunno why but for the past 2 weeks i've been playing with "UNKNOWN" pings. anyone know whats the cause for this? is it becoz' i'm using a 56k connection?

Äñ.Thrãx 10-12-2003 06:11 PM

noobs dont also complain about lag. they complain when they get pwned :D :cool:

HonkyTonkFX 10-13-2003 08:25 PM

I never complain about lag. I cuse, I swear, and I make everyone aware that I was just LAG killed, But I never complain about people lagging. j/k but it does suck when u kill someone and there dead body bounces up and down then shots you.(i am talking about 1 or 2 seconds after it say i killed them)

Just so everyone knows: NEWBIE = does not know whats going on(new to game). NOOB = knows whats going on but still is a dumb@ss.

(I hope my sig works)

animal_mutha 10-14-2003 10:00 AM

i usually let my bullets do the talking. JUDGE.... or BE JUDGED!!!