Novahq.net Forum

Novahq.net Forum (https://novahq.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (https://novahq.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Another update, Novas next game? (https://novahq.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33510)

Lakie 02-27-2006 01:00 AM

Another update, Novas next game?

From Kines @ DFMax

Theres been a lot of talk about what the next title from Novalogic will be. It is unlikely to be " Operation Acid Gambit " which is the rumour that is doing the rounds although that is not to say that will not appear someday.

Well here is the scoop for you.

You are more likely to first see

TASK FORCE 121

Novalogic registered the following domain on April 9th 2004

WWW.TASKFORCE-121.COM

Now this may seem a while ago but they are still showing interest in this concept. They first registered trademark interest in March 2004 but more recently submitted trademarks for opposition in August and December 2005 a mere 3 months or so ago. Put these facts together along with the domain registration then it looks like Task Force 121 is the next addition to Novalogic's catalogue.

__

As far as i can work out, Taskforce 121 is the United States Special Ops Unit, a Army sepcial forces division, they are made up of Delta Force Operatives, Navy SEALS, Green Berets and CIA Operatives with Spec Ops background. Details are shady, but theres some info on the group on various sites...

Lucky 02-27-2006 10:22 AM

souds awesome. keep updating us plz!

Alucard-NGS- 02-27-2006 06:52 PM

I am not going to get my hopes up... but it sounds cool.

DevilDog#1 02-27-2006 06:54 PM

BF Special Forces copy? :confused:

Steve 02-27-2006 07:03 PM

and TFD didnt have multiple special forces in it?

Mstenger404 02-27-2006 08:21 PM

task force 121 isn't that good, the idea of multiple spec ops working together is good but if they take anymore ideas from tf121 than that then they are screwed. you see, thats the problem with them, they take ideas with crap games but dont take ideas from cool games or read previews of kick-ass next-gen games like MOH:airborne, they should take the autanimous auto face-lifting idea from that.

Alucard-NGS- 02-27-2006 11:27 PM

We are talking about Nova here enough said.

Hellfighter 02-28-2006 01:30 AM

Task Force 121 what is the back ground on that name any one know 121 a unit? or how they came up with that name?

Lakie 02-28-2006 02:01 AM

afaik its based one a real life unit developed for the war on terror, got the best of the 1SFOD-D, Seals, Berets, CIA etc etc and created a new unit...

Mstenger404 02-28-2006 10:30 AM

when i said task force 121, i meant the game task force 121

-8.0- 02-28-2006 06:40 PM

you can go to the us patent office's website and search for nova. they have alot of game we have never heard of. hope all those fines nova got for using illegal programs doesnt effect their games

DevilDog#1 02-28-2006 06:57 PM

Sounds like Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six to me :D

J-Factor 02-28-2006 10:13 PM

lol yea, but it sounds cool.

Alucard-NGS- 02-28-2006 10:49 PM

We must wait and see if novas gonna screw us over with a peice of crap or a master peice

Milenko 03-01-2006 08:15 PM

Actually it looks as though Nova must be trying to buy the rights to this title/ or made this title with another company. Atari has this game in question, Combat Task Force 121.

You are a member of Task Force 121, an elite covert unit comprised of Navy Seals, Green Berets, Army Rangers and USMC Recon personnel.

url: http://www.digitaladvisor.com/pc-and...1_reviews.html

Milenko 03-01-2006 08:18 PM

more info: http://www.groovegames.com/Games/Com...e121/index.php

DevilDog#1 03-01-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Genre: FPS Developer: Direct Action Games Release: March 22, 2005
Hmmm kinda old no? Looks like PRE-DFX to me

Chrispy 03-02-2006 01:02 AM

Milenko, that is ''Combat: Task Force 121'' mate. I don't think it's ''Task Force 121''.
It is more likely to be this game than Operation Acid Gambit. If this comes with a bit of Delta Force then this could be a good game.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --:) :)

Rat Sass 03-04-2006 08:22 PM

TF121 is real BUT...

Task Force 121 is a temporary, covert Specops group comprizing the elite hunters from all the special forces... Kind of like the SS Jaeger in WW2... they hunt specific individuals and groups. (TF121 found Saddam Hussein.)

HOWEVER... there's already a game out called COMBAT Task Force 121. I doubt that NL would use the name of an existing game.

Rat Sass

DevilDog#1 03-04-2006 08:44 PM

They have done it before and then changed the name of the game. DFX point and case :D

J-Factor 03-07-2006 09:38 PM

My bro in law and i was talking about it , to us it sounds like DFX, like Delta Force Extreme #2....... but hey never kno it might be cool it might not so who kno's.

J-Factor 03-07-2006 09:56 PM

where can i get those lil nova bottons. NovaFan, DF:BHD ect..

.DareDevil. 03-09-2006 03:18 PM

Re: Another update, Novas next game?

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike
From Kines @ DFMax

Theres been a lot of talk about what the next title from Novalogic will be. It is unlikely to be " Operation Acid Gambit " which is the rumour that is doing the rounds although that is not to say that will not appear someday.

Well here is the scoop for you.

You are more likely to first see

TASK FORCE 121

Novalogic registered the following domain on April 9th 2004

WWW.TASKFORCE-121.COM

Now this may seem a while ago but they are still showing interest in this concept. They first registered trademark interest in March 2004 but more recently submitted trademarks for opposition in August and December 2005 a mere 3 months or so ago. Put these facts together along with the domain registration then it looks like Task Force 121 is the next addition to Novalogic's catalogue.

__

As far as i can work out, Taskforce 121 is the United States Special Ops Unit, a Army sepcial forces division, they are made up of Delta Force Operatives, Navy SEALS, Green Berets and CIA Operatives with Spec Ops background. Details are shady, but theres some info on the group on various sites...

I thought DFMAX shutdown! Did it decide to return? cause i gamed with those guys forever like back year or two ago!

.DareDevil. 03-09-2006 03:19 PM

So DFMAX now uses the name basically as DF-Reloaded?

http://www.dfmax.com/

Steve 03-09-2006 05:07 PM

hehe yeah i guess they bought the domain name as asoon as nova mentioned 'df reloaded'

Comm 03-11-2006 04:56 PM

Re: TF121 is real BUT...

Quote:

Originally posted by Rat Sass
Task Force 121 is a temporary, covert Specops group comprizing the elite hunters from all the special forces... Kind of like the SS Jaeger in WW2... they hunt specific individuals and groups. (TF121 found Saddam Hussein.)

HOWEVER... there's already a game out called COMBAT Task Force 121. I doubt that NL would use the name of an existing game.

Rat Sass

To expand on what Rat Sass has posted.

TF121 is basically an algamation of various Task Force during OIF, it is said that the unit is commanded an Air Force Brigadier General and has fewer than 40 Spec Ops from the British and Aussie SAS, Polish GROM, US Navy SEALs (from DEVGRU), Delta Commandos, CIA SAD (that's Special Activities Division), AF CCT and PJ, Green Berets.

Their mission was and still is to hunt down former regime members and insurgent HVT. They were the ones who called on the 101st to kill both Uday and Qusay and were the ones who led the 4ID in the capture of Saddam.

If this game and rumour is true then we could possibly be deployed to Iraq for another DF installment probably under a different name.

Hellfighter 03-22-2006 09:10 AM

man this seem to be a old item 2004 are they late getting to work for 2yrs now on it?

last i heard they was working on a new one about north Korea

were they was seaking info China's weapons.

man i wish they go back to stlye like DF: LW all crazy weapons to use, JOTR they kill the fun it in totally with them updates.

Chrispy 03-22-2006 11:04 PM

Yeah, I agree with Chief.

I mean, NovaLogic's newest games yet are not even that good, and it's because there are only about
15 to 25 missions, limits and all that, it is not good.

They should just make an awesome game with 100 levels, 60 weapons, and 50 vehicles or something like that. :D

Chris_OJB_DF645 --:D :D

.DareDevil. 03-25-2006 04:43 PM

They should just make a Delta Force: The Return or Delta Force: Past To Future which combines all of them making all weapons from Delta Force Games,All Maps,All Items,and etc into one big game so we would have like 70 weapons to choose from,100 terrains for map making lol and so on.That would be awesome to have all that into 1!Do you all agree or disagree?

PS. As for Single Player just make it like Doom and all of them where it keeps going to next level so you can use save slots instead of beating a level and then picking another.Make it a combination of levels of the DF Games!Multiplayer would be even cooler also then!

Hellfighter 03-25-2006 06:05 PM

you would think by now they be making the software on DVD not normal CD, do to DVD can hold more data then a CD can hold.

then they can make it even bigger and more to the game, not limited to the CD size.

now days most people have DVD players or have a DVD writer to use.

i have a DVD-RW it has totally about 4.7GB of data software on it. a Double layer DVD has 8GB around about, a single layer DVD holds 4.7GB. and there is all so double layer 2 sided DVDs to burn all so they hold 16GB

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...p/5b0c130c.jpg

Mstenger404 03-25-2006 08:01 PM

i heard that game sux

-SpArKs- 04-02-2006 08:42 PM

Novalogic would be better off just making an update for one of their previous big hits like DFLW, seing as they wasted all of our money on their last two titles.

Can anyone disagree that TFD is DFLW with a few extra features, and that DF:X is JO with a few extra features? I smell laziness! especially as JO/DF:X were packed to the brim with glitches.

Alucard-NGS- 04-03-2006 08:16 PM

Just point out the obviuse to most of us... we all know that nova is just being lazy and DFX actualy dose not have all the fetures JO dose so DFX is a step down from JO.

Chrispy 04-13-2006 07:55 PM

I remember playin DF1 back in the days, and it rocked.
I can remember holding on to the M4/M203, shooting the baddies and just finding every one of them and killing them, and I loved it once you killed the last baddie and the rectangle comes up saying you completed that mission. Same for multiplayer as well, going for cover and hiding there, then you come up and open up a can of whoop-ass.

But now, it's just getting worser and worser. Look at BF1942, there are still updates for it and that was released about three years ago! So they are still juicing the game up.

Some DF games is just icing without the cake.

Chris_OJB_DF645 --:| :|